Wednesday 15 February 2012

Milk Carton and Announcement

A few days ago I came across a Team Members Call to work with Kelleigh Ratzlaff's designs. I sent her my application with a couple of pictures of my favorite projects. Kelleigh replied to my application right away and invited me to join her team!! How exciting! I am thrilled to be working with her files. 

My first project was the milk carton file from her store. For this project I used the New Leaf paper from Trim Craft. I altered it to create a mixed media project. I played around with various techniques as taught by Christy Tomlinson in her She Art workshops.


I started of by applying modge podge to the paper after cutting the template out with the Silhouette Cameo. Can I just say this machine is my new obsession!!! I then used some acrylic paint to create the colour wash effect of the background. I played around with various stamps and rub-ons. The final touch was adding the two girls.





This was a really fun project and can't wait to play with the next cutting file!


And last but not least....a special thank you to my friend Tania for designing the gorgeous  logo for my craft business - she is truly brilliant at what she does!

No comments:

Post a Comment